Snowshoe hiking 16.12.2023
- Activity: Snowshoeing
- Date: 16 December 2023 / 08:30 - 19:00
- Location: Off-campus
- Address: USI Campus Est Desk D0.07 (Settore D) Via La Santa 1 6962 Viganello Svizzera
- Course language:
Explore the magic of a walk in the snow surrounded by the beauty of nature with a hike designed for everyone, even those who have never been snowshoeing before.
The hike is led by university sports instructor Giorgio Piffaretti.
The trip is not particularly difficult and is also suitable for those who have never hiked with snowshoes. The duration of the excursion will be about 5-6 hours and involves a height difference of between 500 and 700 metres, so a good physical condition is required.
The outing will take place on Saturday 16 December, from 08:30 to 19:00.
In the event of unfavourable weather conditions, the trip could be postponed to Sunday 17 December.
The meeting point is in front of the Sport Service desk, located at the Campus East in Viganello, via La Santa 1 (sector D - office D0.07).
The exact location will be decided according to weather and snow conditions, possible destinations are: Val Colla, Valle Bedretto/Airolo or the Lucomagno region.
Details will be sent to the partecipants about a week before the trip. For further information please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The cost for the course is as follows:
- USI/SUPSI students: 30 CHF;
- USI/SUPSI collaborators and family members: 50 CHF.
Transport is included in the participation fee and is organised by the Sport Service.
Participants must present themselves in sportswear suitable for the activity.
We recommend bringing:
- winter clothing, preferably layered and suitable for low temperatures in the mountains (temperatures below 0° are possible);
- winter footwear (waterproof mountain boots with ankle cover);
- mountain backpack (20-30 litres);
- thermos with hot drink;
- picnic lunch and energy snacks;
- sun cream and sunglasses;
- warm cap and snow gloves;
- headlamp (for those who have one).
Snowshoes, poles and snow gaiters are provided by the Sport Service.
The course will only be held if there are at least 5 participants. The maximum number of participants is 10.
To register for Sport Service activities, it is essential to have a MyWellness account; in its absence, proceed by filling out the following registration form.
Refund conditions in case of cancellation
- 100% reimbursement on presentation of a medical certificate;
- By 30 November 2023: 80% reimbursement;
- By 6 December 2023: 50% reimbursement;
- Subsequently: no refund.
Please note that the course is not included in the 'Classes and Games' subscription and must be purchased separately.
The purchase of the activity can be completed by contacting the Sports Service by telephone on +41586664797 (suggested mode) or by going to the USI Sport counter.
In the case of telephone contact, all users interested in purchasing are requested to have a valid credit/debit card and access to the institutional email address with them, as these are necessary to finalise the purchase. To complete the registration, payment must be made during the call itself. Reservations that do not comply with the above procedure will not be considered.